There are a lot of things that a leader has to do to be successful. One of the most important and often overlooked things is to develop a sense of responsibility among your subordinates. Let’s change that to develop a sense of responsibility among your employees. I don’t like the word subordinates, it has a negative connotation to it or maybe that’s just how I take it.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
What is a Firestarter?
A Firestarter creates momentum--for a project, an idea or a team. I'm known in work and in life as a Firestarter. I make things GO.
I'm also a busy girl. I've got fifteen minutes to write a blog that gets you and me motivated.
Maybe it's a spark, a story or a strategy for getting started. Maybe it's just a kitchen timer. Whatever it takes, let's get cracking.
Most recent posts
Most goals are hard. There’s a high degree of difficulty, and therefore a high risk of failure. And I never want to show up in front of friends, family, coworkers or (gulp) my boss as a failure. But I am risking it all now. My current goal is a biggie—it’s losing the equivalent of a […]
As a big sister, I’ve had the privilege of mentoring my 10-years-younger little brother as he went through high school, college, several internships with my company, and eventually joined my company. He is now on a full-ride scholarship in grad school at Notre Dame. I couldn’t be prouder. I’ve also worked with a number of […]
My friend has a sign in her office that has been top-of-mind for me this week: “Asking questions is a mark of success.” Cool. So what does that mean? Taken one way, it might mean that once you’ve risen to a point of being successful, once you’ve arrived, you now have permission to ask anything. […]
Hi friends. If you’ve enjoyed my blog (and my first 44 posts) so far, I hope you’ll keep coming back. Like the blog, comment, subscribe or add it to your reader. I’m posting usually two to three days a week, each time trying to communicate one core idea or one spark to motivate the both […]
Reblogged from Manage Better Now: There are a lot of things that a leader has to do to be successful. One of the most important and often overlooked things is to develop a sense of responsibility among your subordinates. Let’s change that to develop a sense of responsibility among your employees. I don’t like the […]
- Low blow: @wefightboredom (VLG) sends a faux wedding invite to drive site logins. Boo! Send cake to make up for wasted time. 1 day ago
- So cool! Check out this quick little photo series of hatching praying mantis babies. imgur.com/a/CrSqu 6 days ago
- Mary Meekers Internet Trends report dissected zite.to/11CHX4e via @zite 1 week ago
- iOS 7: Instead of Flatness, We Got Depth zite.to/19ilw9g via @zite 1 week ago
- 8 Apps Apple Killed Today At WWDC zite.to/19ZarZA via @zite 1 week ago
- Very cool @VirginAmerica wingtips. http://t.co/az8cnzfJFn 2 weeks ago
- .@VirginAmerica has the corner on cool for airlines. http://t.co/40kZ6OriRu 3 weeks ago